2017 Overnight Camp
June 18 - June 21, 2017
||Open to any and all entrants 10 - 17 years old
||UI Field House
||4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
||$450 for Resident
||$300 for Commuter
- Every camper receives individual coaching and has the opportunity to meet and talk with outstanding coaches and players. Iowa Head Basketball Coach Fran McCaffery and his staff oversee all aspects of the camp.
- Campers receive a NIKE Iowa Basketball t-shirt and Nike basketball.
- Current student-athletes will act as camp counselors.
- Instruction and demonstrations from current and former Iowa players.
- Team and individual awards.
- Campers are placed on teams to promote balanced league play according to age and ability.
- The BIG TEN best Iowa athletic training staff is present for all sessions.
- Award ceremony at Carver Hawkeye Arena at 5:00 on Wednesday, June 21 (Weather permitting)
Difference between resident and commuter: A resident sleeps in the dorms with us at night and a commuter leaves after camp each day to sleep off campus with family or friends. (Dorm rooms are limited to 2 campers per room)
What to Bring
Participants must furnish their own towels and toiletry items. It is a good idea to bring spending money for soft drinks, snacks and video games. The camp administration will not cash personal checks. When not in a sports session, dress is casual, so bring along your favorite jeans, shorts, summer shirts, and a swimsuit. You may wish to bring an alarm clock and a small fan. Pillows and bed sheets will be provided.